Routine Dental Check-Ups & Cleanings
A typical dental checkup appointment consists of a cleaning and a thorough examination of your teeth and the surrounding structures. During the examination, we will assess your overall gum health and then examine your teeth for any cavities, fractures or tooth wear. We provide an oral cancer screening at every checkup appointment and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
How often do I need a routine dental checkup and tooth cleaning?
At Ebner Family Dentistry, we take the time to educate our patients, walk through any findings on x-rays together and discuss ways to keep your mouth healthy moving forward.
- For most patients with a consistent oral home care routine, we recommend a dental cleaning and check up every 6 months.
- Those patients who have been diagnosed with periodontal disease may need to be seen more frequently, possibly 3 to 4 times per year, in order to prevent progression of the gum disease.
Our goal at Ebner Family Dentistry is to help assist you maintain your oral health and ensure that you keep your teeth for as long as possible – ideally for the rest of your life!
What to expect during the dental checkup:
- The cleaning will remove any stain and build-up from the teeth and will leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
- If any additional dental appointments are needed to address areas of decay, gum issues, broken teeth, extractions, root canals, etc. we will schedule accordingly at your convenience.
- It is our priority to take the time to provide multiple treatment options to our patients so that together, we can make an educated decision about the future of your dental care.